Frequently Asked Questions
How long are these trips?
Do you offer longer medical electives?
Yes. You can add 2-4 weeks extension on either end of the trip to make it a 6-8 week long medical elective. We have 5 spots set aside for residents and students on each trip to work alongside nurses and a part-time physician at one of our permanent clinics in Dharamsala or Manali region of the western Himalayas. Contact us via e-mail for more detailed information.
Can non-US medical students participate in your expeditions?
Yes, participation is open to medical, dental, nursing, pharmacy and PA students of all levels from all countries.
Can non-medical or premedical students participate?
Yes, 2 spots are set aside for pre-medical or non-medical students on each trip.
How many people participate in each trip?
What is the trip cost?
Trip costs vary from US $ 2,800 to $3,100. Exact Cost of a trip with breakdown information may be obtained via e-mail request.
What is included in the cost?
- Airport pick up and drop off in India
- Accommodation in hotels, guesthouses and all-weather tents on twin share basis
- 3 meals per day, snacks and non alcoholic beverages
- 24 hour onsite support
- Ground transportation in SUV type vehicles 24/7 for the duration of the trip
- Hands-on clinical experience
- Supervision from a US board certified physician/s during clinics
- Evening case study presentations
- Local activities as mentioned in each trip itinerary
Inclusions and exclusions are given in each trip itinerary
How are trips funded?
Is passport or visa required?
Where do I get the airline reservations and tickets?
Can I use Frequent Flyer Miles on these trips?
What is the travel time?
Where will I stay?
Are there special health issues?
Recent medical and dental exams should ensure that you are in good health. We recommend that you contact the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention or a travel clinic for the most recent update on health precautions.